From time to time, we have openings in the following departments.
This is a rare and great opportunity to work on Kauai for a boutique/not corporate day spa owned by a ‘veteran’ massage therapist/Ayurveda practitioner with over 20 years experience.
There are always great opportunities to continue to learn, practice and advance here at Hanalei Day Spa. You can email your resume to DaySpaOwner@gmail.com
- Massage Therapist
- Ayurveda Practitioner/Massage therapist
LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPIST POSITION
What it is not:
It’s not a residential type job, you will need to be; self sufficient, find your own housing on the north shore and have your Hawaii massage license.
What it is:
A beautiful, established, boutique day spa on the northeast shore of Kauai.
A great opportunity to continue to learn and practice what you have learned.
This is a rare and great opportunity to work on Kauai for a professional but not corporate day spa, owned by a ‘veteran’ massage therapist/Ayurveda practitioner with 20+ years experience in the field.
We are on the property of a 5 acre beach front resort, and have the only beachside massage on the North Shore and it is in a Hale (traditional Hawaiian thatched roof structure). There are four treatment rooms including 2 couples rooms of which one is beachside.“We are busy, enjoy our work environment and we work well with each other. We are dedicated to consistent, excellent customer service, sharing our gifts in our own unique, fun and soulful way at the Hanalei Day Spa/the Ayurveda Center of Hawaii.”
- Licensed Massage Therapist with State of Hawaii
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent guest service skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Previous experience in a Spa or Hotel environment
- Previous experience with ability to handle difficult/sensitive situations with minimal/no supervision
- Ability to confidently utilize service recovery methods
- Proactive in anticipating guest needs
- Provide consistent professional massage treatments in accordance with Spa protocols and accepted certification practices
- Ability to massage body by properly kneading, rubbing and stroking the flesh to stimulate circulation, relax tight muscles and provide other beneficial effects
- Properly care for equipment/ proper amounts of products to be cost effective
- Possess complete knowledge of all services and products while educating and training guests.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock room as required
- Actively promote spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail as well as programs and promotions
- Handle guests questions and concerns professionally and courteously
- Provide accurate and immediate responses to all requests by guests ensuring complete guest satisfaction
- Regularly attend/participate in and support ongoing training to continue to be knowledgeable about current spa trends
- Must be able to perform all massage treatments offered by Hanalei Day Spa
AYURVEDA MASSAGE THERAPIST JOB OPENING
“I had the honor and privilege to study at the Ayurveda Institute in the early 90’s and since 2003, I have been the managing owner of the Hanalei Day Spa/Ayurveda Center of Hawaii on Kauai. To add to my already awesome team, I am looking to hire licensed/insured massage therapist(s) who are interested in living and working here on Kauai on the various types of clients that present themselves i.e., couples massage, A la carte massage, Abhyanga massage, yoga/Ayurveda retreats and of course Pancha Karma etc. Down the road, I would be open to hiring the right Ayurveda Practitioner to grow in the position in the Pancha Karma department.”
~ Darci Frankel, Spa Managing Owner
- Email resume to be considered, for all positions.