This is a rare and great employment opportunity to work on Kauai for a boutique (not corporate) day spa. Owned & managed by a ‘veteran’ massage therapist/Ayurveda practitioner with over 20 years experience.
There are always great opportunities to continue to learn, practice and advance here at Hanalei Day Spa!
We are on the property of a 5-acre beachfront resort! Have the only beachside massage on the North Shore and it is in a Hale (traditional Hawaiian thatched roof structure). We have four treatment rooms including 2 couples rooms of which one is beachside.
“We are busy, enjoy our work environment and we work well with each other. We are dedicated to consistent, excellent customer service. Sharing our gifts in our own unique, fun and soulful way at the Hanalei Day Spa”
Email your resume to DaySpaOwner@gmail.com
- Massage Therapist
- Ayurveda Practitioner/Massage therapist
LICENSED MASSAGE THERAPIST POSITION
- Licensed Massage Therapist with the State of Hawaii
- Must have enthusiasm & possess excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication & listening skills
- Previous experience in a Spa or Hotel environment
- Experience with the ability to handle difficult/sensitive situations with minimal/no supervision
- Provide consistent professional massage treatments in accordance with Spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Ability to provide exceptional spa massage, including deep tissue, relaxing, Lomi Lomi, etc.
- Properly care for equipment/ proper amounts of products to be cost-effective.
- Possess complete knowledge of all services and products while educating and training guests.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock room as required.
- Actively promote spa, treatments, services, sessions, and retail as well as programs and promotions.
- Handle guests questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Provide accurate and immediate responses to all requests by guests ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Regularly attend/participate in and support ongoing training to continue to be knowledgeable about current spa trends.
- Must be able to perform all massage treatments offered by Hanalei Day Spa.
AYURVEDA MASSAGE THERAPIST JOB OPENING
“I had the honor and privilege to study at the Ayurveda Institute. With the foremost exponent of Ayurvedic Medicine, with Dr. Vasant Lad, in the early ’90s. To add to my already awesome team, I am looking to hire a licensed massage therapist(s). We offer a variety of services such as; couples massage, A la carte massage, Abhyanga massage, yoga/Ayurveda retreats and of course Pancha Karma, etc. I would be open to hiring the right Ayurveda Practitioner to grow in the position in the Pancha Karma department.”
~ Darci Frankel, Spa Managing Owner
- Email resume to be considered, for all positions.
Hanalei Day Spa Applicants will be considered who email resume
Details about Hawaii license
You may take your Hawaii State massage test out of state.
- A massage therapist applying for licensure in Hawaii must first complete the application (link below) for a massage license.
- You must have completed a state certified course that consists of no less than 570 hours of training,
- or provide approved transcripts from the school you attended.
- General information for state license click here
- Requirements and state application
- Application Deadline & Examination Dates
- PLEASE CONTACT THE BOARD OF MASSAGE THERAPY OFFICE AT (808) 586-2692 TO CONFIRM DATES OR DEADLINES