dead skin cells this week with DIY Day Spa at home!
1/8 – 1/4 cup of salt
1/4 cup of Coconut oil
It is nice to get a body scrub at the spa, but you can also give yourself one at home! The purpose of an at-home body scrub is to exfoliate the outermost layers of dead skin cells, revealing softer, younger cells just below. A home, body scrub probably won’t be as thorough or pampering as a spa treatment, but it still has benefits and is a lot less expensive, and you can give yourself one any time! You can either buy a body scrub, use exfoliating mitts or make your own. I like to use more oil than salt in my body scrub.
How To Give Yourself A Body Scrub At Home
- Soften the skin first by soaking ten to fifteen minutes in a warm tub. Add a relaxing essential oil like lavender, ylang-ylang, or rose-geranium to make it more relaxing. Let the tub drain, and pat yourself dry.
- Place a towel on the edge of your tub and sit on it, I sometimes just sit in the tub. If you’re using a body scrub, put a little bit in the palm of your hand and rub it over the skin. Start with your lower legs, you can use long or circular strokes.
- Spending at least 5 minutes on your whole body, more than that, you might get irritated.
- Stand up when it’s time to do your backside. Make sure you have steady footing.
- The back is the trickiest part. Reach where you can, or ask your partner to help. You can reach under your arm to get the mid-back, use the back of your hand on your back also, then for the upper shoulder use the opposite hand. It will keep you flexible too.
- When you’re done, rinse under the shower, you may want to use a washcloth to pull some extra oil off.
At-Home Body Scrub Tips
- Weekly body scrubs are a great way to keep your skin smooth.
- If your skin looks irritated at any point, stop.
- Smaller grain salt is gentler than the large salt. At Hanalei Day Spa, we finely grind our Hawaiian Sea salt with a vita mix.
- You can also use the exfoliating mitts.
- Soothing aromatherapy; lavender, rose, geranium
- Avoid using on the face, it can be too harsh.
Therapeutic Body Scrub Tips, Ayurveda Kitchen Medicine
- If you’ve had a cold or flu, you can make your scrub more healing add 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 3 drops of eucalyptus, lemon, or orange oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or 1 tsp coffee grounds to increase circulation
- add 1/2 tsp charcoal to absorb toxins. (see our serious cleanse body mask for a more effective treatment)
You may also enjoy:
- Clear your Head! Neti reduces brain fog!
- An Ayurveda Consultation with me, HealthConsultant808@gmail.com
- Cleansing Toxins Through Breathing Video
Please take a moment to let me know how I can help you with this brief survey