My 5 Tips To Stay Healthy (and sane) this Holiday Season
Aloha this is Darci Frankel coming to you from Hanalei Day Spa here on Kauai. I hope this finds you well and surrounded by good company this holiday season.
Holidays can be a wonderful time for many, and a challenge for others, and for some, both! It may bring up grief, conflict, loneliness, anger, or any other range of human emotions. I’ve experienced it all and have 5 tips to fall back on this holiday season as emotions arise. Remember we can choose health at every moment (even right after we have a huge dessert).
My 5 Tips for Healthy Holidays:
- Meditate. The holidays can bring up all sorts of emotions. I encourage you to stay grounded and balanced during the holiday season. Check out my “Be Calm Meditation.” I recorded this meditation while Kauai was in the direct path of a hurricane to support (myself) people in being calm. Instead of freaking out since a hurricane was on its way, I’m mostly joking. But this meditation uses time tested technology to help anyone stay calm and cool. Check that out HERE
- Start your new year off well. Consider doing my Cleanse
This cleanse will help you to learn about the toxins that may be at the root cause of your symptoms, cleanse those toxins from your body, track your progress and prevent them from getting in your body in the first place. [Who better to help you cleanse, than your spa owner, who has been helping people cleanse (and practicing Ayurvedic Medicine) for almost 30 years.]
- Gratitude I am sure you have heard this one numerous times. But what does this actually mean? How do we just become grateful? Start with anything – the ability to breathe, to walk, to reach out and connect with another human, the fact that we have a body, etc. Make a list of what you feel grateful for and let it really sink in. (It starts with the little things.) This way, next time you feel grumpy, or upset, you can look at your gratitude list and uplift yourself. Let me know how it goes.
- Communication with my own body. I check in daily with my body, and multiple times a day when situations arise that may either excite me or stress me out. It is important to listen for cues and adjust accordingly – day by day.
- If/when you get upset, how do you communicate that? Do you squirrel it away until you explode? Are you conflict avoidant? Do you pretend everything is ok when it isnt? In this short video I help distinguish “Clean Anger Vs Toxic Anger Which Do You Do?” Because inevitably our family pushes our buttons! Enjoy the holidays without bypassing important communications. Do a self assessment with this short video HERE
What emotions do the Holidays typically bring up for you? What are your New Year’s Intentions or goals? Reply to this email and let me know. I want to help you reach the health goals of your dreams.
We would love to see you on Kauai at Hanalei Day Spa in 2022. We have a team of highly experienced massage therapists waiting to pamper you.