A Cleansing and Rejuvenation Program
Pancha Karma is a comprehensive cleansing and rejuvenation program for the body, mind and spirit. The Pancha Karma program with us here at the Hanalei Day Spa, on Kauai, includes pre-purification methods to prepare the body to let go of accumulated toxins, followed by the purification methods themselves.
Recipients experience the lush full-body massage with warm, herbalized infused oils, followed by full body steam treatment, salt scrubs, and a number of other ancient healing therapies which, when taken in a specific sequence, these gently and effectively purify the body.
According to Ayurveda, health is a perfect state of balance among the body’s three fundamental energies, or doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha), and an equally vital balance among the body, mind and soul. Changes in age, seasonal changes, wrong diet, habits, lifestyle, repressed emotions and stress factors can all act to upset our natural balance, weakening our agni (gastric fire) and leading to accumulation of toxins.
How Pancha Karma Cleanses
These toxins and deep-seated emotions build up in the tissues of the body and can lead to dis-ease if not eliminated. Pancha Karma is a completely natural form of healing which encourages the body to simultaneously let go of its excesses and retrieve its essences.
Pancha Karma purifies and cleanses the subtle channels of the body. Thereby restoring the beautiful wisdom and innate intelligence inherent in each cell.
By removing and cleansing these blocks, the entire physiology is integrated, immunity is strengthened, and the damaging effects of aging are reversed. And then rejuvenation can take place.
The aims and objectives of this science are to maintain the health of a healthy person and to heal the dis-ease of an unhealthy person. This is obtained by restoring the balance of the natural processes in the body. The ancient texts praise Pancha Karma as a seasonal rejuvenation treatment for ensuring balance year in and year out.
Ayurveda recommends 7 days for a more complete rejuvenation experience. However, due to popular demand, we offering 1-7 days.
Benefits of Pancha Karma
- Cleanses the body of accumulated toxins.
- Increases energy, vitality and mental clarity.
- Improvement in appetite and digestive patterns.
- Deeply relaxing.
- Reverses the negative effects of stress on the tissues and cells of the body.
- Restores the individual’s basic constitutional balance.
- Rejuvenation of body, mind and spirit.
- A supporting and caring environment that provides space for true contemplation and self-exploration
1-7 Day(s) Pancha Karma Retreat
In this comprehensive Pancha Karma program, you are with us for 2-3 hours per day. Which may include the following, if indicated for your personalized treatment:
- Ayurveda warm oil massage ‘Abhyanga’ with 1-2 therapists.
- Swedan – Sweating in a personal steam tent (bio-mat or infrared sauna, whichever is indicated), mobilizes and remove toxins.
- Food – a special diet of Kitchery to facilitate cleansing and nourishment.
- Shirodhara – a calming and balancing treatment for the nervous system.
- Utvartana – Herbal skin treatment, nourishing, cleansing and gently exfoliating.
- Auxiliary treatments – Are given specific to your needs.
- Cleansing – Appropriate cleansing measures are administered when your body is ready.
- A supportive environment that encourages deep self-healing and contemplation.
- Post-Pancha Karma health and wellness program for healthy diet, exercise and lifestyle practices.
You will be eating a simple mono-diet consisting of variations of: basmati rice, quinoa, mung dal, red dal, seasonal & doshic veggies, herbs & spices and herbal teas. We ask you to avoid consuming meat, sugar, caffeine, alcohol, cruciferous or nightshade veggies, dairy (except ghee), wheat, bread, pastas, salads and most fruits. Our clients are often very satisfied with this diet. The bodies’ energy can then go toward cleansing and healing rather than complex digestive processes.
Paschatkarma ~ Rasayana
Once your PK is complete, we set you up with your at-home, rejuvenation-focused: dietary, herbal and lifestyle plan.
Initial Consultation, plus post Pk follow-up: $225.00
Please schedule your Panchakarma consultation several months in advance to secure the dates you desire.
Cost for 1-7 Day Pancha Karma is $480.00 per day, per person not including tax. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of scheduling to hold your dates.
Does not include additional products, herbal remedies, additional treatments or services.
We are honored to serve you on your path of healing and transformation!
Costs not including accommodations, Hawaii GE tax, or optional gratuities.
Please see www.HCR.com to arrange on-site accommodations.